Saturday, August 25, 2012

Setting Sprays- What are they doing for you?!

  

MAC Fix+


This is what MAC says about it:
An aqua-spritz of vitamin and minerals, infused with a calm-the-skin blend of green tea, chamomile, cucumber, topped off with the fresh, natural, energizing scent of Sugi. Adds radiance, finishes makeup. Spray it on. Skin drinks it up!

Ingredients:  
Water, glycerin, butylene glycol, cucumber fruit extract, chamomilla, camellia leaf extract, tocophryl acetate, caffeine, panthenol, hydrogenated castor oil, fragrance

Price:
 3.4oz - US$ 10.00
100 mL - € 10.00

My opinion: 
 From looking at the ingredients I wouldn't call this a setting spray, it is more like a toner. You can use this before or after applying your make-up. Before: It will moisturize your skin. After: It will take away the "powdery" look. 
I prefer to use this spray before applying my make-up. The mist is really fine. My skin feels soft and moisturized after spraying it on. I tap it into my skin.
I don't like it too much after applying my make-up: It really looks nice but I don't have the feeling that my make-up lasts longer.  

Skindinävia- No More Shine Makeup Finish

( Skindinävia ) 
 
This is what Skindinävia says about it:
Leave your blotting papers and powder at home. The No More Shine Makeup Finish controls oil and holds your makeup in place for 16 hours.

Features and Benefits:
Extends makeup wear for oily and combination skin types.
Fewer required touch ups throughout the day.
Stops makeup slippage on t-zone and eye area.
Holds eye shadow, foundation, blush and concealer in it's place.

Ingredients:
Water, Alcohol Denat, Polyhydrostearic Acid, PVP, Methyl Perfluorobutyl Ether, Methyl Perfluoroisobutyl Ether, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Caprylyl Glycol, Methyl Methacrylate Cross Polymer, Poloxamer 407, Sodium Hydroxide,  Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Glycereth-5 Lactate, N,2,3-Trimethyl-2-Isopropyl Butamide, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate,  Isononyl Isononanoate, Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract.

Price:
2oz - US$ 19.00
4oz - US$ 29.00
8oz - US$ 39.00

My opinion: 
I would say this one is my favourite. The mist is the finest of all five sprays. It takes away all of the "powdery" look that you sometimes get after setting your foundation with a powder. I can't say if it would make your make-up last for 16 hours, as I don't ever wear make-up that long (the longest I had my make-up on when using Skindinävia was about 12 hours). 
For me it does make a different when I use that. Especially on my nose the foundation looks better when using that. I can totally recommend this setting spray. I have really sensitive skin and I didn't react to this product at all.

Skindinävia- Bridal Makeup Finish

( Skindinävia ) 
 
This is what Skindinävia says about it:  The Bridal Makeup Finish gives a healthy luminous finish over your makeup and sets it in place for your special day. Each four ounce bottle contains over 300 sprays--enough for the entire bridal party.

Features and Benefits:
Great for extensive photography or evening looks.
Extends makeup wear and controls shine under high stress.
Helps makeup resist heat and humidity.
Award Winning.
Bridal Makeup Finish comes in 4oz size only.

Ingredients:
Water, Alcohol Denat, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, PVP, methyl perfluorobutyl ether, Methyl Perfluoroisobutyl Ether, Dimethicone PEG 7 Phosphate, PPG 3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Caprylyl Glycol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Glycereth 5 Lactate, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Poloxamer 407

Price:
4oz - US$ 29.00

My opinion: 
I can't see a big difference between using this one and the No More Shine one. I have to admit I haven't been taking pictures with both of them on to see if you can notice a difference then.

 

Skindinävia- Makeup Finishing Spray

( Skindinävia ) 
 
This is what Skindinävia says about it:
The Original Makeup Finishing Spray sets and holds makeup in place. Keeps color vibrant and prevents makeup from fading for up to 16 hours. Recommended for normal to combination skin types.

Features and Benefits:
Fewer touch ups throughout the day.
Stops makeup meltdown.
Holds eye shadow, foundation, blush and concealer perfectly.
Award Winning.

Ingredients:  
Water, Alcohol Denat, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, PVP, Methyl Perfluorobutyl Ether, Methyl Perfluoroisobutyl Ether, Dimethicone PEG 7 Phosphate, PPG 3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Caprylyl Glycol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Glycereth 5 Lactate, N,2,3-Trimethyl-2-Isopropyl Butamide, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Fragrance, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Poloxamer 407

Price:
2oz - US$ 19.00
4oz - US$ 29.00
8oz - US$ 39.00

My opinion:
 I only used this one throughout the day for touch ups, as I only get the tiny bottle as a sample when I ordered the other two. I really like it so far, but again: no big difference to the other ones from Skindinävia.

Vichy- Eau Thermale, Thermal Spa Water

  
This is what Vichy says about it:
 Vichy Thermal Water is 100% pure and naturally rich with 15 rare minerals. It is clinically proven to have health benefits for your skin: regenerating, antioxidant, soothing and protective. Recommended for sensitive skin.

Ingredients:  
100% Pure Vichy Thermal water, preservative and fragrance free, 
Mineral content (mg/1): Bicarbonates: 4776.3, Chloride: 357.0, Potassium: 99.6, Fluorine: 8.8, Sodium: 1860.0, Calcium: 150.6, Magnesium: 12.3, Iron: 1.0, Neutral pH

Price:
5.07oz - US$ 13.00 

My opinion:
For me this one is just enriched water in a bottle. It takes away the "powdery" look, but I wouldn't use it as it can make your make-up slip. I would use this one when you are not wearing make-up and want to freshen up you face on a hot day.

No comments:

Post a Comment